Tuesday 16 August 2011

News and reviews..


There is so much tell as I have been a fool and fled from Kathmandu without having the time write all about it.

First of all the launch of a new range of Silver, brass and textile jewellery alongside new products in the print making workshop was a great success. After a hectic last few days we were very pleased to be selling stock form the new designs and be raising the profile of the project with interest from local hotels and press.

The event was held at gallery cafe Imago Dei in Kathmandu on the 29th of July. I am so proud of the hard work put in by the artists and my co-workers at EBT. Here are a few pictures from the exhibition.

All of the students form the Himalayan arts project. Including print, jewellery and mosaic artists.


An article published in Friday weekly, Kathmandu.

All of the 8 students working in the workshop came up with a design, taken from research into their surroundings. Looking at metal work in Kathmandu, pattern, and natural forms. I will post some more images of the new collection very soon.

Other great news from the workshop, after a very generous donation from Pope and Oliver Makower at Bishopsland we have purchased a rolling Mill and drawing plates that make life a lot easier for the artists and hopefully inspire new design ideas for the future. I think it will be a great boost for the workshop to receive some much needed equipment and improve their accuracy and productivity.
Sher and Shiva with the new rolling mill.


After leaving Kathmandu I have been in India for the past two weeks visiting different places in Rajasthan. Although my time is sadly over at EBT as it always seems to happen, was very busy at the end so have a few more things to write about before I end my news.

I will try to do this through pictures as it stops me from rambling on....

No comments:

Post a Comment