Friday 6 May 2011

Home from home


I ventured out with my camera on Thursday, still feeling like a huge tourist so not too adventurous with the photos. I walked around the area where I'm living which is about 10 minutes walk from the jewellery workshop and the same again to get to Patans Durbar square or "Palace square." The side streets around the square are amazing, all open with little shops, people making everything, food, clothes, boxes, jewellery.... the buildings are a mixture of new but mostly dilapidated old places. I felt like I was on a film set, tiny doors, incense everywhere and temples or shrines after every footstep. I will be back most days after work I'm sure.



This is my one picture of a small man made lake with a walk out pier, really beautiful surprise when there is a shortage of water and greenery everywhere else.


This is the view from the workshop window, it's usually pretty hazy but now and then you can see the mountains.
One of the first things I was shown and I suppose is hard to miss at the Kathmandu Contemporary A rts Centre where the workshop is. A giant buddha made from plastic bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment